Crystal Pipes FAQ
Q: What is the best crystal pipe for me?
A: Crystal pipes are, as the are made from natural stones should most and foremost be a personal choice. The best pipe to choose is the one that calls on you and will make you feel happy when used. There are some general guidelines on what the propertie of these crystals are beneficial for. So if you don't know what crystals to go for, the best thing is to research on the materials and their benefits.
Q: Does the shape of the pipe make a difference?
A: Not exactly, this is mostly a matter of preferences and beliefs. Our selection of crystal pipes features shapes such as pointed pipes, skull headed pipes, skulls on the head of the pipe, pebble, heart shaped, and so on. The choice is yours and can be based on pure aesthetic purposes or practical and spiritual or other beliefs. The sizes differ as well, so your choice will depend on your own practice and experience.
Q: Is it safe to heat up the crystal?
A: Yes the materials of these pipes are made to be heated. However the materials should not be heated to extremes and should be handled with caution when heated. Before Starting to use your crystal you could cure the surface of the bowl of the pipe by heating it you a little more than usual if you are concerned about any mineral release while using.
Q: Does the crystal pipe come with a screen filter?
A: Yes your crystal pipe comes with a stainless steel metal screen filter that can be removed for cleaning when desired.
Q: How do I clean my crystal pipe?
A: It is safe to say that crystal pipes take a good share of use and can get dirty only after a few uses. Therefore, depending on the specific crystal pipe you get, you are going to want to adapt the cleaning process. Pick a substance that reacts well with the material of you crystal and a tool that will help you clean. Soak the tool in the substance and clean thoroughly the bowl of the pipe. Don't forget to clean the carb hole and the channel.
Q: How often do I change the screen filter?
A: It is important to clean your filters as well as your pipe every so often. The filter can last up to about 1-3 months, but can be cleaned every 3 weeks. There is a limit though to the times you can clean the filter, eventually you are going to have to through it out, so do not forget to get new filters beforehand.
Q: Where do I store my crystal pipe?
A: In general they can be stored in any place you want that is safe. However some crystals should not be placed under direct sunlight. SO if you want to use your crystal pipe for decoration make sure it will not stay under the sun for long periods of time. Some of these stone are Amethyst, Citrine, Fluorite, Rose Quartz, Smoky Quartz, and Opal. Especially the 1st five will start to fade and sometimes may crack.
Q: What do the different materials of the pipes mean?
A: Every stone has a different meaning, here are some of the stones we offer and their general attributions.
- Amethyst and Dream Amethyst:The helper of the third eye. Release stress and enhance memory. Reduces anxiety, fear, and raises hope. Transmutes energy of the old into new. Alignment of the third eye.
- Black Obsidian: Stone of truth. Protection, awareness, transformation and purification. Shields against negative thoughts, feelings, mental stress, tension and psychic attacks. Confidence, and discover yourself faster. Real self. Breaking through barriers. True Reflection.
- Citrine: Stone of compliance. Attract good luck. Channel energy of the above with that of the below. Brings light and earth together. Good judgment and sharp decision making.
- Clear Quartz: Clarification crystals. Restore and strengthen balance in life. The healing master. Purity and innocence in us. Peace of mind and more openness to others.
- Fluorite: Clean energy of various energetic fields. Energy flow. Energy cleansing.
- Howlite: Reduce anxiety, tension, and stress. Facilitate awareness. Encourage emotional expression. Elimination of pain or stress.
- Labradorite: Clairvoyance. Barrier against miss fortune. Open the throat chakra.
- Lapis Lazuli: Potent metaphysical portals for stability against other stones. Alignment of the fifth chakra, the throat. The lighter the color the more clarity and ease of expression will be attracted.
- Red Obsidian: Grounding effects. Clear Aura. Divination, fortune telling. Help restore balance and protection against negativity.
- Rose Quartz: For Love. Love of one’s self. Enhance the relationship with yourself and others in your life.
- Tiger Eye: Stone of compliance. Attract good luck. Channel energy of the above with that of the below. Brings light and earth together. Good judgment and sharp decision making.